Monday, November 14, 2011

Day in the life...

On my way to school today, I saw these lovelies! I've seen them before: meet mom and one of her youngsters...they actually live in the woods near our campus :-)

I drove home through sheep country today. Not surprisingly, there were SHEEP!













 And a cow staring at sheep...
 And a gorgeous gorge...
 And of course autumn splendor!

And last but certainly not least, a spectacular broad-winged hawk checking out an unfortunate bit of road kill.

6 comments:

Catalyst said...

I think you're as crazy about sheep as SWMBO is about goats.

NCmountainwoman said...

The hawk is wonderful!!! I loved all the photographs, but really love the one sheep with an attitude staring directly at you.

With a scenic drive like that I would be late to work every day.

JeannetteLS said...

I liked the same picture NCmountainwoman did. You know, I can understand if a person were surprised there were sheep in sheep country. when I go north to the New Hampshire and Vermont mountains and such, all the time there are signs for moose crossings, or "Watch for Moose." I am fifty-nine years old and have yet to see a moose. So maybe in some "sheep countries," they hide. Like Meese.

ellen abbott said...

those white flags look like the sheep version of cow birds

Brenda said...

Beautiful sheep! Dana sent me here to make me feel better. It did!

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

love those sheep shots.