Saturday, September 1, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon...it gets cloudy in Ohio

We had a lovely run-up to the blue moon...










But last night the clouds generated by Isaac moved in...







Perhaps Selene is misty-eyed that the first of us to touch her face has passed...
Rest in peace and light perpetual, Neil Armstrong.




Finally! A bit of detail emerged...


While Isaac is inundating other areas, we're still waiting for substantive rain here. Alack, not even a tropical storm will save the corn and soy beans and baked pasturelands. This has been a very bad summer in the Midwest.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

We got only clouds too my friend. Praying for all those who are dealing with flood damage. Love the progression of your moon over these past weeks. :c)

Catalyst said...

You did a lot better with the blue moon than I did. Guess I just have to use my tripod more.

Nance said...

Dry, dry, dry ground but the air has been as soggy as a dishrag. Ugh! Today (Tuesday) especially has been horrifically humid, and we got a brief deluge, but nothing that has healed the sizeable cracks in my yard.

I finally gave up on my sad tomato plants a week ago, too, and yanked them up. Do you know the green tomatoes are STILL trying to ripen on my windowsill? This, after they had all that time on the vine, too. Sigh. Bad summer, indeed.