Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Rambling

I ramble home from school. There's just no other way to put it. I take the back roads, sometimes circling back to look at this or that, sometimes pausing or driving really slow on a back, back road to listen to bird song. If you don't do this, try. It is healing. Oh, and I take pictures:


 Burros enjoying some hay as the last of our snow melts
Contented cow
 Silly Ass
Yes, you!
 Happy to be back in Ohio Red-wing Blackbird
 More Red-wings

I do love seeing and hearing them
 Happy little Eastern Bluebird!
 Happy little Black-Cap Chickadees

VERY happy Song Sparrow!
 Unhappy Red-tailed Hawk...I disturbed it, apparently
 Speaking of disturbed...
 And, of course, SHEEP
 Pretty sure these are a variation on Katahdin Hair Sheep
 They make good moms, with lots of twins!

 Awww...
 Yep, it's mom
 They can be quite vocal
 Healthy young lambs
 Having a snack
Watching Spring come forth





7 comments:

The Bug said...

I love it when you ramble :)

troutbirder said...

What a fun way to unwind from a hard days work. I remember doing the same thing...:)

Lowandslow said...

And I thought I was the only one who would be driving along and ask, "Hmm...I wonder where that goes?" I've seen some mighty interesting things that way. Not a bad way to live. But you already know that. :)

S

sage said...

Great photos!

NCmountainwoman said...

All of us need to ramble more. I've truly appreciated more time in retirement to ramble. I've traveled the really back roads through the mountains and never tire of new discoveries. I need to take my camera with me. For some reason I never do. Love your photographs.

Nance said...

Lambs are so dear! I've often felt that they should represent peace rather than the dove. They simply exude it, for me, anyway.

Lovin' that cow!

Catalyst said...

You are a GREAT nature photographer. I love the little lambs.