Thursday, April 18, 2013

Great Blue and a New Lens

On my way home Monday, I took a detour to buy a few groceries. Near the store, there was a pond, and in the pond was this!
 Great Blue Heron!

 Staring at some honking geese
Stalking
 Breathtaking!


Ironically, these were the last shots taken with my old, increasingly unstable 55-200mm zoom lens. I had ordered a new 55-300mm zoom, and it was waiting for me when I got home! My first shots were these:

 Lovely Red-bellied Woodpecker!

 Scary Grackle!
Sweet Mourning Doves
We had a Chipping Sparrow out back, too!
And old friends like Mr. Cardinal
 And the Occasional Squirrel.
Yesterday I saw this precious little Song Sparrow, who serenaded me!
And of course, my dear friend the Moon.

I offer you these gifts as they were given to me: a balm during a very painful week.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Thank you dear heart - I love them all :)

Pixel Peeper said...

I love your bird pictures. And your squirrel picture. And the moon picture. I never thought birds could "sneak" until I observed a blue heron.

Your increasingly unstable 55-200mm zoom lens made me laugh...sounds like it was just in need of some Prozac. Heh. But I totally understand the excitement of getting a new lens! Have fun using it.