Monday, September 21, 2015

Cardinal Caring, Autumn Closing In

We surely have been enjoying the clear, cool evenings this week!
The Moon has been shining down on us
The fields are turning, drying out for harvest time
And the deer are becoming darker, as they do in Autumn
On Saturday night, a cute toad came to visit!
And the Moon was spectacular!

We have the silliest squirrel ever...ever! This happens...a lot:
Yesterday I had to run it off the feeder so our sweet little birdies could come in for their evening meal
Squirrel taking Squirrel Route 1 back to the tree...
 We have a couple of little chickadees in the 'hood!

 Mama Cardinal, looking, well, like usual
 Here's one of her juveniles!
 "I know you didn't just sass me, young lady!"
 The Juveniles diving into the seed!
They are getting so big! Mama still keeps an anxious eye on them, though.
And the Moon swells

We did see a hummingbird at twilight, but no chance for pics. They are still with us, for the moment, but it is day to day. I will sorely miss their presence! Godspeed, little ones...see you next year!

5 comments:

The Bug said...

It has been a lovely end of summer around here...

Unknown said...

I always enjoy your posts about the animals you care for. Thank you for sharing your end of summer observations and highlights.

Catalyst said...

I like that picture of the today though I'm not sure I would describe him as "cute".

Marion said...

Gorgeous photos! Sure wish I had your weather...but I do know exactly where your Hummingbirds are...at MY house! I've had more migrating visitors than ever this year to the tune of 10 pounds of Louisiana Cane Sugar a week. I've had a blast photographing the little jewels. They just started dwindling a little this week, heading further South. I'll miss them supremely... xo

NCmountainwoman said...

Lovely ode to summer's end. Great photographs as usual.