Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Autumn is Coming On, and Cows Stare at Me

Autumn is coming fast to Ohio
 Horsey is glad for cooler weather
 Cows stare at me
 The evidence is overwhelming
 Sometimes they glare!
 The soybean fields are autumnal, for sure!
 Great mustard-colored fields, some already dry enough to harvest
 It will be a humble harvest this year
 Sheep are still staying in the shade on this farm
 But on this one, they were out and about!
 Munch, munch, munch...
 Did I mention cows...
 Stare...
 At me?
 This sweet gum is beginning to change color
 Apples are ripening
 These are descendants of some of Johnny Appleseed's saplings!
Alack...out of reach
 Maples are turning
 While some summer flowers are still holding their own
 Goldenrod is everywhere...and burros also stare at me
 This cow made me laugh...
 Then stared at me
Goldfinches are hitting the feeders hard these days
As are the sparrows!
Hey, you want to grab some seed? I could eat...
The little chickadees are getting their fill
Obviously
Yes, the birds
And definitely the squirrels
Are fattening up...autumn is here!

6 comments:

Karen said...

You know, I noticed something. Those cows? They seem to be staring at you! ;-)

Thanks for the beauty.

The Bug said...

What's really weird is that when I'm with you cows stare at ME too. What's up with that? I find it very suspicious :)

As you know, my favorite pictures are the soybean fields - they remind me that fall can be beautiful despite the dying days.

Nance said...

Yikes! Do you have some Chicago slaughtermen in your family tree?

Brrrrr.

A couple of those cows look like they are in a dog show with that stretchy stance, showing off their toplines!

Gerry Snape said...

love those staring cattle...I think they stare to try and sus us out!!

Nance said...

Professor--The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Sunday Travel section has a whole page about Yellow Springs! Thought you'd like to know.

altar ego said...

I'm a little late coming to the party of this post, but I love the pictures. Cows are so consistent with their look, ya know? Sheep, on the other hand...