Monday, October 1, 2012

October!

Ah, Ohio...
The rising Harvest Moon
Heralded in a new month last night
 October is here at last!
Harvest time, for sure
 Turning leaves
 Brighten the landscape
 Grasses going to seed
 Goldenrods
 And morning glories
 Oh, those maple trees!
 Autumn explosion!
 Cows enjoying green pastures in front of a harvested corn field
Farmsteads
 Remnants of days gone by
Ivy on silo
 Look, but don't touch!
 I love this herd
Mom has funny ears

See?
 What a cute little calf she has!
 Are you staring at me?
 Munch, munch, munch...
 On the moooove...
Truck o' corn, downtown Xenia.
Yep, that's Ohio...home, sweet home

5 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Love fall. Love the fall photos. Thanks for sharing.

S

Nance said...

Oh, I love that herd, too! Herefords, my faves. Hate to see how pudgy they're getting.... Sigh.

NCmountainwoman said...

I loved this post! Great photographs of wonderful October. And the best is yet to come.

Unknown said...

The moon at the beginning says it all ...... "O" Ohio!
Your pics could be replicated here in Ontario, if I had a dependable car and the some of the talent you have for picture taking. From Toronto, it's a long drive to find country. Next year when I move to Whitby, country pictures will be everywhere. With a few lessons over the summer, I will have more opportunities. I love these picture, Michael. Thanks.

Jayne said...

Just a few hints of fall in our neck of the woods yet. Looking forward to the color. :c)